Nursery Ministry at First Christian Church!
We are glad to serve your family as you worship with us! We are proud of the service we provide to babies and their families.
- All of our attendants are parents, grandparents, or trusted babysitters in our church. They are members of FCC who we know and trust.
- Each volunteer has submitted a New Mexico background check and has been trained in the safest, up-to-date procedures of caring for infants
- All volunteers work on a team of at least two people at all times
- Extra workers are added as needed. Our goal is 2-3 babies for every worker.
- The nursery attendants are a team of people who LOVE babies and want to care for them in the best possible way.
- The equipment and toys in our nursery are safe and up-to-date.
- We provide a private means of contacting you if necessary through a “vibrate only” pager that you can pick up when checking in your child and return upon check-out. If you prefer, you may leave a number of a cell phone you will have set to vibrate during the service.
- New families will be given a "claim check" with a unique number to pick up their child, for the child's security. Regular attending babies can apply for a "Nursery Photo ID" (available in May '07), visual evidence of who is allowed to pick up your child from the nursery.
Check In Procedure
At the Table in the hallway...
- Fill out a nametag/information sticker and place on child's back. Also, please alert us to any food allergy with a yellow "Allergy Alert" sticker.
- On the information sticker, indicate a pager number you will take or a cell phone number you will have set to vibrate during the service. The pager will vibrate when you turn it on.
- Label your child's bottles, cups, pacifiers, etc.—anything that may be used during their stay in the nursery. A permanent marker is provided for this.
- Drop off your child and their belongings.
- Receive a "Claim Check" or "Nursery Photo ID." Without one of these you will be unable to pick up your child.
At the Door...
What We Ask of You
- Please do not leave sick children. Clear runny nose is acceptable.
- Please do not try to "slip away" from your child unnoticed. Tell them you are leaving and then leave immediately. If your child continues to be upset, you will be paged.
- Please do not stop by to check on your child for a short time. This brief appearance can be upsetting for your child, even if it hasn't been a problem before. Please tell older siblings the same.
- Please provide the following:
- At least two clean diapers
- A change of clothes for your baby
- A drink or empty cup or bottle to be filled with water (Refills of water only will be given unless provided) If you have older children attending another class, a separate diaper bag to be left with each child